Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Today's Excitment

Lately, I haven't really had much interesting going on to post about. But today was kind of exciting for me. I have two prospective internships for the summer, both working as a grant writer for nonprofit organizations; one is creative arts program for under-privileged kids and the other does microfinance and medical services to South America. Both are part time and will let me do the majority of work from home. I feel really good about the prospect of doing meaningful work for a cause I'm excited about but not having a huge full-time commitment. I'm meeting with both organizations Friday, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Second, the professor I work with said today that he wants to get the data analysis and research paper I am working on published. It is so exciting to think of something I've written being published in a real journal. My work is still quite a ways away from that but the idea is exciting.

I just reread what I wrote and realized how boring my exciting news sounds to most people.

Oh well, it makes me happy and I know you, as my dear friends, will be happy for me regardless :) ( or at induge me by pretending:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm excited for you and I'm not even pretending! I know what a big deal both of those pieces of news are!

karla said...

Exciting prospects - good luck!

The Ericksons said...

That's exciting news! Let us know what happens with it.

Sara said...

This is great Janae! Have you heard anything yet?